Friday, June 11, 2010

Meet our Members: Roberta Wa

Welcome to the first in a series of little mini-bios of our members.  They will appear in the order that they are received.  Hope you enjoy getting to know all of us!

RobertaWa:

My background is in fine art and graphic design.

Since I began working in metal a few years ago it has become my favorite medium to work in. I love the feel and the structure of the metal. I love watching it change with heat, saw or hammer.

Lately I have been working almost exclusively in Metal Clay and am absolutely smitten with it. It has enhanced my creativity in ways that working in sheet never did. I was always trying to figure out how to solder everything together. With the clay I don’t have to worry about that and I can just enjoy the process of “design”.

In my day job, I design Social Studies textbooks for Pearson Education.

Note to our members, if  you would like your mini-bio on the blog but haven't submitted it yet, convo it to Lisa at willowandme.  Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. your work is beautiful. nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pieces Roberta...Glad to be in your company!

    ReplyDelete